The next big trend on the horizon to improve home living is undoubtedly home automation and adding smart home features. With just the touch of a button or even just a verbal command, you can seamlessly tailor various rooms and appliances to your needs and mood. Read below for some tips for home automation from Digital Sky A/V so you can get the most out of your smart home enhancements!
What Home Automation Solutions Are Available?
While some households in Dallas prefer to only integrate some functionalities into their Automation plan, more and more are we seeing full home automation enhancements that extend throughout many areas of the home, such as:
- Smart appliances, such as ovens, coffee machines and high-tech refrigerators can make mornings and mealtimes much less stressful.
- Create a home theater environment that the whole family can enjoy – through home automation, you can create presets that accommodate each member of the family’s TV and lighting preferences.
- Integrating Smart Home security measures throughout your home, such as motion-detecting security cameras, can help give you much-needed peace of mind at all hours of the day and night.
- Easily and efficiently adjust your home’s temperature through a Smart thermostat that will not only keep your home at the perfect temperature, but also save you money in the long run.
- Custom lighting options can help create a comfortable environment, and even your blinds can be remotely controlled.
For those who are new to home automation, or are looking to integrate Smart Home technology in their new home in Dallas, there are some important tips to consider before diving in.
Choose a Professional A/V Installation Company
Setting up smart home features can be a difficult process, and it’s recommended that you always use a trusted home theater store, home automation store, or A/V company in Dallas that can take care of the project for you. For commercial and residential builders, or those looking to pre-wire new construction, it’s imperative that you work with a professional in order to ensure correct installation from the start.
Determine Your Preferred Product
You should ensure that the A/V installation company that you choose is an Official Dealer of your preferred brand. Ideally, they will be Official Dealers of the top brand names in A/V technology and home automation, such as Control4, Josh, JVC, and Sonos. If you’re not sure which to choose, they should be able to make a recommendation that will be best for your budget and home.
Still Hesitant to Try Home Automation?
Implementing Smart Home features within your house can make some people nervous, as it sounds very “high tech” and more difficult to control than it actually is. In fact, the whole purpose of home automation is to make your life easier! Much like we adapted other “smart” machines or services such as the dishwasher or mobile banking, we are seeing a similar increase in the number of households that enable Smart technology as well. Give Digital Sky A/V a call today to discuss your project ideas for a pre wire new construction or currently-owned home in Dallas, and we’d be glad to give you an in-home evaluation and estimate.